Here are the 9 ways I got ready for my impending Autoimmune Protocol:
- Organized our 1st bulk order of local grass-fed beef;
- Went to the thrift store to get baking dishes & bowls & pot lids in sizes I have often thought would be convenient but have always done without;
- Learned to make homemade Coconut Milk;
- Discovered that I cannot get sufficient whipped coconut cream from homemade coconut milk no matter how long I refrigerate it, so found a recipe for Coconut Butter on Mark’s Daily Apple which I’ll try next;
- Stalked AIP recipes online (the weekly AIP recipe roundtable on Phoenix Helix is a great place to start). I also modified my existing recipes to make them AIP-friendly & printed them all out & organized them in a binder, which is not even remotely the type of thing I usually do. It even has dividers!;
- Made a basic 9-day rotation menu which is already out of date because I won’t make those pan-fried plantains ever again. Why a 9-day rotation? To save us from the institutionalized sensation of knowing it’s beef-stew-Tuesday again. Also 9 eventually becomes 45 & 90 which are nice round numbers to aim for.
- Helped my #2 kid move (because paleo happens in the stream of life). Full disclosure: He moved into my basement suite. And ‘borrrowed’ his 1st month’s rent from me…
- Had a cooking-free day. It was my 43rd birthday on the 19th so I indulged with breakfast out at Mo:Lé with my #3 kid. She even missed A-block to celebrate with me. I quizzed her for her Science test and we shared a pot of earl grey tea. I had the raw-vegan Caesar salad with a side of bacon. For dinner, Matthew & I went to Café Brio. He had the vension and I had pork loin with sunchokes (I’ve seen them carry whole pigs across the sidewalk into that place). We both had dessert. And I have to say, I would have liked my poached apples & apple sorbet better if they had been half as sweet.
- Bought plantains for the first time ever & prepared them 3 ways:
|AIP-modified version of Plantain Nachos from Well-Fed 2||
|Pan-fried Plantains from Well-Fed 2||
|Plantain Crackers from The Paleo Mom||