We were off work this week so we got to eat the way we like: brunch & supper, with a snack in between, if needed (it often isn’t).
On workdays, I eat three meals. Workaday stress = more frequent feeding!
Here’s a ‘week off’ of AIP brunches & suppers (in some cases I AIP-modified the linked recipes, if you’re unsure how to do that, feel free to ask!):
- Breakfast: Bacon, Sautéed zucchini & onion, Avocado
- Snack: Emerald Soup
- Supper: Shepherd’s Pie made with ground lamb & mushrooms, Plantain Nachos w. guacamole
- Breakfast: Phoenix Helix’s Homemade pork sausage, Yam oven fries, Stuffed portobellos (stuffed with leftover shepherd’s pie)
- Supper: Roast Turkey, Pumpkin stuffing, Melissa Joulwan’s Cauli-rice pilaf, Emerald Soup, Cranberry sauce (cranberries, maple butter & cloves)
- Breakfast: Everyday Maven’s Roast Cabbage, Bison portobello burgers (made with bison, pumpkin, parsley, granny smith apple & sage), and leftover pumpkin stuffing cooked in turkey pan drippings
- Supper: Soup made with Turkey bone broth, The Paleo Mom’s Plantain Crackers, Green salad
- Breakfast: Baked Sockeye Salmon, Nom Nom Paleo’s Roasted Kuri Squash, Avocado
- Tea: Coconut Lattes & Currant Tea Cake
- Supper: Bacon Mushroom Burgers from the Nom Nom Paleo cookbook, Jamie Oliver’s Smashed Celeriac, Green salad
- Breakfast: ‘Tapas Platter’ (That means leftovers!)
- Supper: Plantain Nachos with Elk & Green Apple Guacamole
- Dessert: Semi-frozen blackberries with Coconut Cream
- Breakfast: Nom Nom Paleo’s Slow Cooker Kalua Pig (start at dinnertime the day before to have it ready for brunch), Oven roasted turnips, Brussels sprouts
- Supper: Short Ribs, Mashed Cauliflower, Sautéed zucchini & mushrooms
- Breakfast: Field Notes on Healing’s Salmon Cakes, Tabbouleh salad, Avocado
- Supper: Slow Cooker Pot Roast with shitakes & onions, Tabbouleh salad
Now it’s back to work & 3 (Extreme AIP) meals a day starting tomorrow!