Guaranteed to horrify your vegetarian teenager…
- 2lbs ground meat of your choice (2 types is always more flavourful)
- 4 cups chopped finely chopped vegetables & fresh herbs
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs & spices
- Salt (to taste)
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix ingredients together with your hands. Heap the meat & vegetable mixture into a 12-muffin tin or 4 mini-loaf pans.
Bake for 45-50 minutes until crisp & brown on top.
Make meat muffins when you have time & freeze them for when you don’t.
They reheat beautifully in the oven.
Use any of the following vegetables & herbs, depending on your current diet.
We’re currently doing our own extreme version of an AIP, which I’m calling an X-AIP to make it seem more like a superhero mission than 30 days of deprivation during my least favourite month of the year.
- Extreme AIP (X-AIP) vegetables are low-carb: greens, cauliflower, broccoli, celery, mushrooms, asparagus, parsley, snow peas, cabbage, cilantro, fennel, brussels sprouts & zucchini;
- Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) vegetables include all of the above, plus: winter squashes & roots like yams, carrots, beets, turnips, fennel…;
- Paleo vegetables include all of the above, plus: nightshades: like bell peppers, eggplant & tomatoes…;
Herbs & Spices
- Extreme AIP (X-AIP) herbs & spices do not include seed spices, nightshades or alliums, but do include: Basil, Bay, Cilantro, Cinnamon, Cloves, Curry Leaves, Dill Weed, Ginger, Lavender, Mace, Marjoram, Parsley, Oregano, Rosemary, Sage, Savory, Tarragon, Thyme, & Turmeric
- Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) herbs & spices include all of the above, plus alliums: garlic & chives. For a list of AIP-legal herbs & spices see The Paleo Mom’s post.;
- The are no exclusions for Paleo herbs & spices;