These are 17 healing protocol resources that I wholeheartedly recommend:
Dr K. is the leader in a functional medicine approach to improving Brain Health and reducing Brain Fog.
His book Why Isn’t My Brain Working? is one of my top references of all time. But it’s dense. And intense. If you are suffering from brain fog it’s too much!
Which is why his 6-week Brain Rescue Course (starting April 11th) is so welcome. It helps people address their brain fog and improve the health of their brain, which is arguably the highest leverage point for improving health overall.
- 26 Autoimmune Protocol bloggers (including me!) joined together to create 85 Amazing AIP Breakfasts. It includes grain-free “cereals,” delicious stir-fries, smoothies, coffee alternatives, 14 different flavors of meat patties, pancakes, waffles, nourishing breakfast soups, and more. Over half the recipes can be easily modified for Low-FODMAP, Low-Histamine, GAPS/SCD and Coconut-Free diets.
- Eileen’s Paleo AIP Reintroduction Guide contains an overview of the AIP; a guide to starting reintroductions; instructions on how to reintroduce foods and monitor reactions; examples of food intolerance reactions; and recipes for the reintroduction phase.
- Angie’s Alternative Autoimmune Cookbook is way more than just a cookbook! It is a how-to for the elimination phase of the AIP as well as a guide to reintroductions, with recipes for every stage. It includes a helpful week-by-week guide to ease you in to the eliminate phase of the protocol, with sections on staying balanced, loving your body, staying on track, and real-life advice about reversing chronic illness through nutrition and lifestyle.
Everyone needs to take a break, unplug and get refreshed! Make relaxation and meditation easy with Anne’s new soundscapes.
She has a number of offerings, including:
- Peaceful sleep & Deep Relief featuring crystal singing bowls, humpback whales and oceanic sounds.
- Meditation Rx includes nature sounds and delta wave binaural beats to quickly shift gears and begin your meditation
Listen to samples of all of Anne’s soundscapes here.
As Christina says, one of the biggest challenges to putting a healing protocol into practice is finding the time and energy to cook compliant meals “every. single. day.”
So, she has created four different meal plans that are quick and use easy-to-find ingredients. These are best-sellers for a reason!
Christina also offers the Ultimate Health Journal E-book making it easy to track nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress management, social connections, time outdoors, as well as symptoms.
- Go To Bed: 14 Steps to Healthier Sleep is Sarah’s new online program. The 288-page e-book contains every scientifically-validated tip and trick for improving your sleep, as well as strategies for tracking and evaluating sleep. This program also includes a 14-Day Sleep Challenge.
- The Best of AIP 2015 is a compilation of nearly 200 AIP recipes compiled by Sarah, with contributions from 35 of the “finest AIP bloggers in our community” (including me~).
- Mickey’s AIP Batch Cook is helps you to create create all the food you need for a healing protocol for a whole week in just 4-hours. Two 2-hour sessions. Meal Plans, video tutorials, grocery lists, recipes and the Batch Cook program. Everything you need to cook like a pro.
- Mickey’s cookbook Autoimmune Paleo was one of the first, and it’s still one of the best. It contains an introduction to the Autoimmune Protocol, two 4-week menu plans as well as shopping lists.
My 4 Favourite Healing Protocol Print Books
- The Healing Kitchen by Alaena Haber & Sarah Ballantyne is the best cookbook I’ve used in a long time. It’s filled with delicious, simple AIP recipes (we have the plantain wraps permanently bookmarked), contains a comprehensive overview of the AIP and 12 meal plans. If you buy one book, this should be it!
- A Simple Guide to the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol by Eileen Laird is an excellent beginners guide. It’s concise and friendly, and contains everything you need to know to get started on the AIP (or get back on track).
- Why Isn’t My Brain Working? by Dr Kharrazian. As I mentioned earlier, this book is one of my top references of all time!
- Your Personal Paleo Code by Chris Kresser. This one has been out for a awhile (it was published in 2013) but it remains an excellent resource for customizing and troubleshooting your Healing Protocol. I refer to it all the time.