It’s a hot shake~.
But it might also make you a hot woman. Or a warm one. And it might help with hot flashes.
This shake is a variant of the London Fog Latte, which itself was inspired by Dave Asprey’s Bulletproof Coffee (coffee’s not allowed on the Autoimmune Protocol, but tea is). Even more credit goes to Dave Asprey for this hot shake, which I now have almost daily with my midday meal:
- First because Dave recommends that women over 40 (& people with a lot of weight to lose) add grass-fed collagen to their bulletproof coffee to help reset leptin levels. Collagen holds the human body together, which is pretty hard to argue with.
- Second, now that I’m on the Bulletproof Diet (my third ketogenic protocol in the past 9 months) I’ve reorganized the timing of my food. I used to eat a piece of berry fudge with each of my meals, to keep me in ketosis, but the Bulletproof Diet recommends reserving higher carb foods, like berries, for the evening meal.
So I still have fudge with supper, but I needed a new way to get MCT oils into me at midday, to boost my ketones and to deliver a good quantity of fat for satiation.
So, the Hot Woman Shake was born.
She rocks me~.
Raspberry Leaf has been traditionally used by women to support uterine health. It is known to ease painful or heavy periods, and generally nourish the female reproductive system.
I’ve experimented with Raspberry Leaf tea or the past year, using it daily for a month, then taking it out for a month or two & observing the effects. Based on these self-experiments, I’m getting pretty convinced that it’s something I want to include in my health & optimization protocol on a regular basis.
Now that my daily Raspberry Leaf tea gets delivered in a delicious hot-shake format, I’m even more fervent~.
A midday meal for peak experience: reheat a Victorious Offal Muffin, make a Hot Woman Shake, add sliced Avocado & Cucumber with Olives.
Hot Woman Shake (AIP & WahlsPaleo+)
- 2½ cups boiling Water
- 2 Raspberry Leaf teabags
- 1 tin additive-free Coconut Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Powder
- 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed Collagen
- 1-2 tablespoon MCT Oil
Advance prep: Refrigerate the tin of coconut milk for a few hours or overnight (I just keep a couple of tins in the fridge at all times).
Steep the tea in the boiling water for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, scoop the coconut cream out of the tin of coconut milk. Save the coconut water for another use.
Put the coconut cream and vanilla in a saucepan & heat. Squeeze the tea bags to get the goodness out & add the steeped tea to the saucepan. As soon as this mixture comes to a low boil, pour it into a blender.
Add the Collagen & MCT Oil and whirl until frothy.
Pour into mugs & enjoy~.
I prep this in the morning & bring it to work with me. If you can find a place to boil water & steep tea when you’re out, your Hot Woman Shake is portable.
Stir frequently to combine & keep the cream from burning. When bubbling hot, pour into a small thermos container.
Pour the MCT oil into a liter/quart-sized mason jar. Add a wisk ball. Put the lid on.
Bring your tea bags, thermos & jar along. When it’s time: brew your tea, pour it into the mason jar, along with the contents of the thermos. Put the lid back on the jar & shake vigorously.